God is faithful. He always keeps His promises. 700 years prior to the birth of Christ, a promise from God, a prophecy from the mouth of Isaiah entered into history:
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a so, and she will call His name Immanuel.”
According to Matthew 1:18-23, God with us is our only hope. Jesus is our Immanuel. He will save His people from their sins (1:21).
As you ready your soul to meet with God tomorrow (with God’s people), consider the following ways to stoke the fire:
- Seek the Lord’s face with His people at the congregational prayer meeting, 9am. Isaiah 52:13-53:12 will be our guide.
- Soak your soul in Isaiah Chapter 7. And, ready your heart to sing:
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
- O Come O Come Immanuel
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Who is This So Weak & Helpless?
- Christ the Mediator
Praying for you, Jim