“31And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; 33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”
Gabriel gloriously paints tomorrow’s advent portrait of Jesus for us. And what a portrait he paints! The baby born in a Bethlehem stall is no mere baby. He is the Messiah King! He has a throne and His kingdom will be an everlasting one. Born a child and yet a King!
Prepare your hearts, as we we meet with our God and King, Jesus!
- Attend tomorrow’s congregational prayer meeting, 9am (Isaiah 61:1-6)
- Steep your soul in the sermon text: Luke 1:26-38. Psalm 2 would be also be a good place to set you’re heart’s gaze on. It would also be helpful to familiarize yourself with the following songs:
- Behold Our God (new song)
- What Child is This?
- Who is He in Yonder Stall?
- Our King
- Who is This so Weak & Helpless?
- O Come All Ye Faithful
“Let Christ have a commanding power and a King-throne in you.” ~ Samuel Rutherford
Our King is a king of mercy!
Psalm 2:12, Jim