Chapters three and four of Hebrews expound upon Psalm 95, showing the superiority of Christ to Moses. The verses we’ll focus on Sunday are given to expose Israel’s root sin–namely, unbelief.
Just as Israel stood at the border of Canaan and had a choice to make concerning the full blessings of God’s redeeming provision, so we, too, are faced with whether or not we’ll embrace Christ in all of His fulness. The alternative is deadly.
- Steep in the sermon text — Hebrews 3:15-4:2
- Read the passage with those in your household, asking others for insights/applications
- Pray (perhaps with others) for a mighty outpouring of God’s Spirit
- Consider the texts that will be used throughout the service: Numbers 23:19; 2 Timothy 2:11-13; Titus 3:3-7
- Familiarize yourself with the lyrics of the songs we’ll sing: Great is Thy Faithfulness, Give us Clean Hands, Rock of Ages, I Need Thee Every Hour, ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, Thy Mercy My God
- Participate in the 9am prayer meeting with God’s believing people (This week we’ll be guided by key texts in John’s gospel. Find some, warm your heart in them, and come ready to seek the Lord’s face.)
- And, please, pray for me