Worship Preparation | "Jesus: The Lamb of God Who Takes Away the Sin of the World." - John 1:29
Christ was born. To die. This week, in our Advent Portrait #3, we will gaze upon Christ as "The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." John's testimony of Christ is loaded with meaning, and richly grounded in the soil of the Old Testament.
As you prepare your soul for Sunday morning's meeting, consider the following to aid you in your prep:
- Marvel again at the wonder of the gospel, the good news of great joy!
- Seek the Almighty's face in the congregational prayer meeting at 9am. This week's text is Isaiah 55:3-5.
- Pray for the proclamation of God's word. That it would come in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction (1 Thess. 1:5). Consider familiarizing yourself with the following songs:
- Hark the Herald
- There is Life for a Look at the Crucified One
- Redeemed How I Love to Proclaim It
- Behold the Lamb (Andrew Peterson-style)
- Behold the Lamb (Communion Hymn-style)
Jesus will save His people from their sins.
With much love for you, Jim